November 20, 2017
Buying the dip in corporate bonds?
© Reuters. Buying the dip in corporate bonds?
- “You’re still at levels where it’s hard to see value,” says Pimco CIO Andrew Balls, unimpressed with the very minor correction in high-yield bonds.
- The selloff did add about 40 basis points to high-yield spreads, putting them closer to the bank’s fair value of 450 basis points, says UBS.
- Federated Investment’s Gene Neavin says the correction was credit-specific, with healthcare company debt faring the worst. He’s looking for bargains there.
- ETFs: HYG, JNK, DHY, HIX, PHT, HYLD, EAD, HYT, JQC, CIK, DSU, ACP, SJB, ANGL, NHS, MCI, KIO, ARDC, AIF, CIF, PHF, IVH, FHY, GGM, MPV, JSD
- Now read: Consider This Tax-Friendly CEF For Portfolio Income